Possible new purchaser of SB Pro PE, from the UK

Cpl Steiner

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum as I and am thinking of getting a copy of Steel Beasts Pro PE. I am in the UK. I'm not sure how much it would cost to buy a brand new copy - I think it's 125 dollars or so plus handling and you have to order direct from the website. Has anyone in the UK board a copy recently? Did they have any problems getting it and what did they pay?

Alternatively, maybe someone has a spare copy they'd like to get shut of?

Anyway, I'm really interested to see how Steel Beasts has progressed since the original. I've been playing the original today and thinking I should upgrade.

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum as I and am thinking of getting a copy of Steel Beasts Pro PE. I am in the UK. I'm not sure how much it would cost to buy a brand new copy - I think it's 125 dollars or so plus handling and you have to order direct from the website. Has anyone in the UK board a copy recently? Did they have any problems getting it and what did they pay?

Alternatively, maybe someone has a spare copy they'd like to get shut of?

Anyway, I'm really interested to see how Steel Beasts has progressed since the original. I've been playing the original today and thinking I should upgrade.

$125 inclusive. Shipped direct to your door by standard letter post - can take a few weeks. You can browse the manuals, and read the information in the Wiki while you wait though...

No added costs for the "shipping and handling", no outrageous hardware requirements. It will run happily enough on a 3-4 year old box of good quality.

You can install the software on as many machines as you like, but must have a license on the supplied Codemeter USB device for each software instance you run at the same time. Additional licenses are $25 allowing multiple networked machines to share the same Codemeter USB key.

I got mine from the USA,i ordered it on the monday and i had it by friday of the same week.Yes,$125 is a lot of money,however its been the best money ive spent on a Sim EVER!On the plus side Customs and Excise were happy to not charge me anything!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:You wont be dissapointed,SB does have a steep learning curve,but persevere and you will be rewarded.The Community is making new skins and Missions almost on a weekly basis,i even did a scenario after only having the sim a few weeks(not that it was a classic mind!)

Check out the videos on You tube,search Steel Beasts Pro and see what youre going to get!And welcome to Steel Beasts!

I purchased SBP a couple of months ago. After that, I bought another game, a naval one I was expecting to be released since last year and already abandoned it, it wasn´t what I wanted, some USD 50 lost...

SBP is another league, you can play it at different levels: as a gunner, as a tank platoon commander, on the map as battalion commander and occasionally jumping on a particular vehicle to follow the combat from their perspective. And you can play with other fellow humans, cooperatively, fighting each other, in teams, head to head...

Each scenario can be played several times, trying different tactics and approaches and of course, you can create your own.

As a whole, if you are interested in mechanized combat, that's THE game (and I have tried and own several others, some of them very good).

Cheers,

Panta

OK you've convinced me. I've placed my order on the esim store page. Hopefully it will arrive soon. Looking at the You Tube videos I couldn't resist.

I really like the idea of multiplayer once I'm proficient enough. If you play online do you get to be a member of a single tank crew or does every play have to be in a different tank?

Now back to those You Tube vids! :)

I'll shut my earlier post / thread down then. :)

Ah we meet again! :) See what you've done now; caught me in a moment of credit card weakness. :)

Well I've paid almost £60 for boardgames from America, so I guess something like £80 at current exchange rates for a top class military sim is good value compared to a load of cardboard.

I will see you all on the SB Pro Battlefield shortly! ;)

OK you've convinced me. I've placed my order on the esim store page.

Good Chap! :)

I really like the idea of multiplayer once I'm proficient enough. If you play online do you get to be a member of a single tank crew or does every play have to be in a different tank?

Well it depends on how many are playing.

A few can control a Tp (or Sqn) each as part of a Cbt Team or BG, or you can crew one tank (one as a driver, one a gunner the other a commander) against the "horde" or many people can crew all the crew slots in a few tks, or you can play combined arms where you might control the tks, I have the mech Inf or the recce and someone else has the arty.

I've played in a room of 40 or so each in groups of three "crewing" their own tank (using headsets to talk to each orther and using actual vehicle controls to "man" their position).

Very flexible.

Now back to those You Tube vids! :)

Don't forget that other project! :)

If you want screnshots or specific videos while you are waiting, just drop me a line.

I may even be allowed to send you the scenarios from this week if you like.

Now youve done it Steiner!Sleepless nights till you get it,and youll be looking at all the you Tube vids till the wee hours!One thing,DO read the Manual.It will save a lot of heart ache in the long run.oh and once you got it practice your gunnery!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So has it arrived yet?? :)

Sorry for not checking back in the forum in the last few days.

No, not yet. I have alerted the wife to make sure it doesn't get left on the front step in the rain or anything. Hopefully in the next few days.

From the BFC forum I see you've been having fun with the real thing lately. Nice!

Well depending on whether you mean US Army or USMC, but yes the most advanced version is the M1A2 SEP.

However, the simulation started from a baseline and has been developed by those Governments (and Defence Depts) that have paid use it in training.

The ADF has paid some money and as a result we have the ASLAV, the Leo 1 and the Bushmaster.

Other Governments have paid and that’s why there’s the various Leo 2 variants and the CV90 family.

Unfortunately the US Government hasn’t adopted it so there is only the baseline US vehicles.

There maybe some development for the M1 from our perspective depending on how we modify it but as I doubt we'll bring ours up to M1A2 SEP standard, I doubt they’ll be one unless the US Government adopts it.

Similarly I wouldn’t expect a CR2, Warrior or CVRT vehicle unless the UK MOD gets on board.

That’s not to say they’ll never be one as the developers do implement their own updates, but ones paid for by Governments tend to get included faster.

If you have a look here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=13274

You can see that there is user feedback about suggested new developments (some of which are vehicles) and this tends to drive the “non Government backed” development plan.

Re. the M1A2 - not to worry, the M1A1 is probably pretty similar, and also, dare I say it, in the original game I actually started to prefer the Leopard 2. The fact that the loader selects the correct ammo type for you helps a lot, plus the ability to tell the ballistic computer to add lead (middle mouse button) without lasing the target. In the Leopard 2 in original SB, I tended to lase one tank and then use that set range for a lot of others near it by just tracking the target either slightly above or slightly below (for further or closer) and pressing the middle mouse button just before firing.

Well, it arrived yesterday! I've been playing mainly using the Leopard 2 A5 so far. The graphics are a big improvement on the original game and the controls thankfully haven't changed much either, so that will make learning the game a lot easier.

Does anyone have any suggestions for beginner scenarios?

it might not be the most fun thing to do, but you might want to start with the tutorials. we have some very interesting new units these days ;)

Re: the M1A1. most Army units are still using M1A1(HA) model, AFIK. that's what we have, HA meaning heavy armor. the only unit that i know of that has the SEP is the 4th ID. maybe some other units have upgraded though.

Gunnery skills is a very imprtant part, i was advised to use the M2A2 initially to get my gunnery rating which affects your ai crews, as its an easy vehicle to start with i used that first, and got my rating to a fairly decent 88 at first.

I'm ready to be corrected but i think this affects all gunnery in all vehicles, so why not start off easy i guess. Ive had SB for several months now but only recently joined the forum, a very knowledagle and helpful group of people, iv'e learnt a lot from searching these forums and im enjoying SB more and more. :)

Gunnery skills is a very imprtant part, i was advised to use the M2A2 initially to get my gunnery rating which affects your ai crews, as its an easy vehicle to start with i used that first, and got my rating to a fairly decent 88 at first.

I'm ready to be corrected but i think this affects all gunnery in all vehicles, so why not start off easy i guess. Ive had SB for several months now but only recently joined the forum, a very knowledagle and helpful group of people, iv'e learnt a lot from searching these forums and im enjoying SB more and more. :)

The Tow portion of the M2A2 or A3 can account for some fairly high gunnery scores also!!!!