Top Tank Platoon 2012-2015 interest

Volcano

• Moderators

Just a reminder:

We have about three weeks left to sign up if anyone is interested (Canadians??).

Near the end of December, I will put out a list of tanks that will be available to choose from. In that week or so, the teams will have to choose the tank they will use for the duration of the tournament. I will also announce a start date at the same time, and once the start date is here (estimate: JAN 4th), the tournament will roll on relentlessly, with or without participation.

Just saying, be ready for all of that. ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ok, now that we are half way through December, the final list of tanks and ammo selection has been finalized here, along with the team names gathered so far:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Top_Tank_Platoon_2016

So, between now and JAN 1st, take a look at the page and choose one of the three tank choices. Post here when your team has made its selection. If you haven't chosen a tank by JAN 1st, then I will choose one for you. ;)

Also, take this time to read the rules here:

www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Top_Tank_Platoon

Tournament will begin in January. In the first week I will create the threads with the matches defined, and then that actual matches will begin JAN 6th. If any recalls, the rounds are from Wednesday to Wednesday of the following week to allow maximum possibility to coordinate matches between teams over the weekend.

• Moderators

BTW, still need a tank selection from UK Armour team. I forgot to mention though that you guys are disqualified if you don't pick the Challenger 2. ;)

Seriously though, these three tanks have been been TGIF approved as "balanced", so its not like anything is outclassed. So far it seems like I should change it to Top Leopard 2 Platoon. :heu:

BTW, still need a tank selection from UK Armour team. I forgot to mention though that you guys are disqualified if you don't pick the Challenger 2. ;)

Seriously though, these three tanks have been been TGIF approved as "balanced", so its not like anything is outclassed. So far it seems like I should change it to Top Leopard 2 Platoon. :heu:

Well, it looks like the original team guys I had in mind might not be able to make it. But I'm sure I can rustle up three from the new Danish/Swedish/German intake. Names to be confirmed as soon as possible. So we'll go with the Leo 2A5 if that's OK with you.

• Moderators

Ok, well, for now I have removed the UK Armour team from the list. Once you guys have a new list of players and (presumably) a new team name then I will add it back.

Take your time, but not too much time -- you and the Canadians have until the end of December to come up with a team. If I don't have anything by then we will move forward with who we have. :(

Well, it looks like the original team guys I had in mind might not be able to make it. But I'm sure I can rustle up three from the new Danish/Swedish/German intake. Names to be confirmed as soon as possible. So we'll go with the Leo 2A5 if that's OK with you.

I'm still up for it :)

Ok, well, for now I have removed the UK Armour team from the list. Once you guys have a new list of players and (presumably) a new team name then I will add it back.

Take your time, but not too much time -- you and the Canadians have until the end of December to come up with a team. If I don't have anything by then we will move forward with who we have. :(

The name of the team remains the same: UK Armour. As regards players, Crusty and I are definitely in and I hope to be able to supply the other two names very shortly.

• Moderators

Well, since everyone else is scared to step outside of the Leo 2 comfort zone, Team America II will take the Challenger 2 and see what can (or can't) be done with it.

I still need a tank choice from 4 Mustketeers, and as mentioned, the team list for UK Armour and then we will be all set for JAN 6th.

The Canadians can get in on the next Top Tank Platoon in 2020 I guess. :heu:

Do to life issues, the season and general lack of interest we will not be whipping anyone this year, just can't muster enough people, sad to say. Trying for the Leopard contest in the new years.

Thanks for those who stepped up.:luxhello:

Hi 12A

You are very welcome to join the UKA team if you'd like as two of the original players seem to have been abducted by aliens - or something similar. Please let me know as soon as you can.

We have no constant and stable structure of team too. Flamm precisely does not participate any more in tournament. We ask to replace him with Goga in standings.

If suddenly so it happens, what we will pass further than one round, whether we can have spare participants, nevertheless?

Anyway, we have great interest to this tournament even if we will have only one participant.