My copy for sale, alas

Martyr

This is a wonderful, amazing tank sim, and I know that I'm never going to have time to give it what it deserves. Plus, real life is making new demands on me, so I need to recoup some of my investment. I'm offering my copy of SB Pro PE (latest upgrade version) here for $99 (shipped in US) before going to eBay with it.

I just bought the upgrade, so I've received a brand new disk and updated manual. Everything is in absolute mint condition. Of course you get my case and dongle too (and my earlier edition CD, if you want it).

PM me here if you're interested. Thanks.

Martyr, is it still available? I can pay $99 for it. I tried sending you a PM but it said

"Martyr has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Enabled now. Sorry!

NO!! HES A HERETIC!!

We must cleanse him with blessed & righteous fire!

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!! :nukem:

:biggrin:

Only a man with a Leman Russ in his avatar can say something like that.

OT- So hedgehog what do you think of the new IG codex?

The vanquisher has been seriously nerfed. :(

Seriously, who packs only sabots???

And the range is back to 72, which is a bit shit.

But otherwise it seems okay, some big changes though.

Re Avatar, thats an old pic, check this out:

P3080029.jpg

Stop us if we appear to be getting carried away.

Well, most of us can't afford a real tank....

Yet you buy the most overpriced, and ridiculous "toy tanks" you can find...

None of the WH4k designs would last long, even against something as venerable as a T54, and most would fail to work even in non-combat situations.

Final drives not connected to the hull, weapons which have no storage space at all for ammunition, or clearance for the breech etc.

None of the WH4k designs would last long, even against something as venerable as a T54, and most would fail to work even in non-combat situations.

Final drives not connected to the hull, weapons which have no storage space at all for ammunition, or clearance for the breech etc.

This is why its a SCI-FI game... do you think that the NCC 1701(A-E) would ever REALLY work? Do you really think mankind will even survive to see the year 40k? Its all a game, like SB Pro... do you think that the T72s and 80s are really manned by mindless AI and that infantry are just popup targets on the battlefield that dont bleed? Some of us like the modeling aspect of 40k, others like the table top play of it. I love the modelling personally. Putting together a Abrams model is pretty boring. But putting together something that doesnt exist or ever will is something different. lol, I guess its all a matter of perspective.

Any Hedgehog, yea, they did nerf the Vanq, but its now only 155pts and can be mated with 2 other Leman Russ's in 1 heavy support choice. But on the other side of the coin, the Manticore has become the most deadly indirect arty in the game... S10 AP4 D3 Ordance per shot, up to 4 shots a game... NASTY.

It is generally bad form (and just "asking for it") to talk about another man's hobby. ;) So, lets just leave it at that.

Exactly, I have far more expensive hobbies... like cars. When you have a 2 car garage and you cant park one car in it because you have a car taken apart and you tell people you would love to go on vacation but you are saving up for that new transmission... they look at you wierd.

This is why its a SCI-FI game... do you think that the NCC 1701(A-E) would ever REALLY work? Do you really think mankind will even survive to see the year 40k? Its all a game, like SB Pro... do you think that the T72s and 80s are really manned by mindless AI and that infantry are just popup targets on the battlefield that dont bleed? Some of us like the modeling aspect of 40k, others like the table top play of it. I love the modelling personally. Putting together a Abrams model is pretty boring. But putting together something that doesnt exist or ever will is something different. lol, I guess its all a matter of perspective.

Any Hedgehog, yea, they did nerf the Vanq, but its now only 155pts and can be mated with 2 other Leman Russ's in 1 heavy support choice. But on the other side of the coin, the Manticore has become the most deadly indirect arty in the game... S10 AP4 D3 Ordance per shot, up to 4 shots a game... NASTY.

pff, there's nothing scientific about WH40k. its pure fiction.

I lump it as sci-fi, as oppossed to fantasy...

Fantasy to me equals swords, spells, dragons, and gay elves.

sci-fi equals laser guns, plasma, psychic powers, aliens and hover craft.

Just a peak into the twisted world that is my mind.

They do have paper thin armour by todays standards, (220mm, RHA), but its still more than a Leopard 1. You also forget that they are packing a 120mm, granted its not a Rheinmetall or a RO gun but it still packs a punch.

A Leopard 2 varient would wipe the floor with a LR in a straight fight. But not all fights are straight up though are they?

My tanks do actually have final drives.

Something that obvious does need addressing.

And yes, I know its a fictional tank, thats why i find them fascinating, there is a lot of room for leeway, customisation and imagination.

I could have painted it bright luminous green, and say that there is a planet with a crust of Ork Snot, who the f**k is going to say otherwise? Hmm?

However I like to keep them rooted with at least one foot in reality.

Hence MDSGDs, working final drives, stowage, spares, extra water, etc.

Martyr looks like we will have to dispatch some Grey Knights to open a can of Whoop Ass on you. :biggrin:

I lump it as sci-fi, as oppossed to fantasy...

Fantasy to me equals swords, spells, dragons, and gay elves.

sci-fi equals laser guns, plasma, psychic powers, aliens and hover craft...

fiction is fiction. there's not much to debate about it. there's non-fiction, or "truth" or "reality" and then there's fiction, or fantasy, or make believe, or sci-fi, or lies, or stories, or campfire spooky stories, fangoria, soap operas, romance novels, dick tracey, etc.

.02. move along. enjoy.

sci-fi equals laser guns, plasma, psychic powers, aliens and hover craft.

Just a peak into the twisted world that is my mind.

While we're at it, and so far adrift from topic, in my twisted mind ("IMTM"), when I hear the phrase 'science fiction' I think of the fictional sciences, sociology and psychology.

While we're at it, and so far adrift from topic, in my twisted mind ("IMTM"), when I hear the phrase 'science fiction' I think of the fictional sciences, sociology and psychology.

LOL. As a scientist suffering my way to doom in the world of real/hard science, I cannot agree more. :)