Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Can we have these 3 Light tanks / Recon / Firesupport vehicles

M41
M41 "Walker Bulldog" (Front view, right side)

M41 DK1
M41 DK1 (Front view, left side)

M10 Booker (Without having seen it myself the story is that the turret / controls etc.. is made as the M1 so that would make it "easy" to make the interior of the tank/Firesupport vehicle )
M10 Booker: program history, competitors and analogues - Militarnyi

• 3 weeks later...

The ability to assign units to other units that may not have been their original one. Examples of why this would be useful:

Half my tank platoon is knocked out, and only 1 Bradley remains from the Mech Inf platoon. I attach the Bradley to my platoon to consolidate my withdraw.

I deploy infantry from my Bradleys, but one track loses its infantry to a BMP which also destroyed another Bradley (leaving its infantry stranded) Assign the surviving infantry to the surviving Brad and get them out of there.

A Bradley section deploys their infantry, but then is taken out by artillery. The soldiers have, however, taken cover in nearby buildings. Solution? Secure the area and send in UH-60s to retrieve them. Or, send in trucks (have them dump their infantry behind LOD) to recover the infantry.

John Antal also did a couple books on modern armor warfare where an Armor Troop is sent in with spare M-113s to save a pinned down infantry unit behind enemy lines.

6 hours ago, iamfritz said:

I deploy infantry from my Bradleys, but one track loses its infantry to a BMP which also destroyed another Bradley (leaving its infantry stranded) Assign the surviving infantry to the surviving Brad and get them out of there.

A Bradley section deploys their infantry, but then is taken out by artillery. The soldiers have, however, taken cover in nearby buildings. Solution? Secure the area and send in UH-60s to retrieve them. Or, send in trucks (have them dump their infantry behind LOD) to recover the infantry.

In both these cases you can do this.

If a "vehicle" (IFV, APC, Truck, Helo) is close enough and has spare capacity, you can:

1. Go to the 3D world.

2. Right click on the unit icon in the lower right hand corner of the 3D world.

3. Select "Load troops" and it will list the units nearby that it can take, they do not need to be the original passengers.

image.thumb.png.b5c47d3edc0a2e6adf762c1b4f1c4e12.png

Here the A Coy Bradley can mount the surviving Javelin team from F Coy as well as its original squad.

This is not an automatic operation (which maybe what you are after) and needs to be done by a human as and when required, but it is possible.

Edited by Gibsonm

10 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

If a "vehicle" (IFV, APC, Truck, Helo) is close enough and has spare capacity, you can:

1. Go to the 3D world.

3. Select "Load troops" and it will list the units nearby that it can take, they do not need to be the original passengers.

Here the A Coy Bradley can mount the surviving Javelin team from F Coy as well as its original squad.

This is not an automatic operation (which maybe what you are after) and needs to be done by a human as and when required, but it is possible.

Works with choppers & trucks, too

17 minutes ago, BlackDeath said:

Works with choppers & trucks, too

Yes indeed which I why at the start I said:

11 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Edited by Gibsonm

On 7/27/2023 at 5:32 PM, Gibsonm said:

1. Go to the 3D world.

Observation regarding the screenshot:  Nice skin.  But nitpicky point, the rear bumper numbers were on the sponson boxes not the ramp and Mauler, or M Company, wasn't a cav troop but rather the squadron's tank company.

23 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Wish: the ability to save IP addresses with a nickname for multiplayer sessions so you can select something like "Rev's Server" as opposed to "255.255.255.255."

Yep asked for a while back (effectively a "DNS like" capability) but good to have supporting fires.

Edited by Gibsonm

One last request .... for a while :)

I find the movement arrows,  fwd/back/left/right very small. Sometimes I have to click on them 2-3 times to find the hit box.

By that time I'm past my objective.

If there is room in the lower right , it would be nice if those boxes were larger.

7 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Missed that, now registered as 11741.

All good.

Just for completeness, this was the idea:

On 5/7/2021 at 5:43 AM, Gibsonm said:

I may have mentioned this before, but ...

A "DNS like" feature so that Host names can be saved as being more human readable.

e.g. instead of XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, the ability to create an entry that says "TGIF - Sean" or similar.

That way your Server list becomes something like:

TGIF - Sean

TGIF - Tankhunter

BG ANZAC - Gibson

Kanium - Assassin

etc.

The user would then need to edit those entries to reflect a Host's IP address changing, but it might remove one more friction point.

Now it just needs to work its way up "The List".

I've sacrificed the imaginary furry mammal to progress it.

Edited by Gibsonm

On 7/27/2023 at 5:32 PM, Gibsonm said:

1. Go to the 3D world.

Oh. Cool.

I've been confused about that little menu downthere but now I underrstand it better.

Tanks!